Tretinoin gel is a topical drug that is used to treat the problem of acne vulgaris.
Tretinoin belongs to a class of medication named retinoids. The medication is commonly used for treating acne. It helps to decrease the number and severity of acne and tends to promote healing of pimples which are about to develop.It is also used in the condition of dermatoheliosis (photoageing).
What is Tretinoin gel and how does it work?
Tretinoin gel helps to treat acne. It can also be used for treating other conditions as determinedby the doctor. Tretinoin comes in capsule, gel or cream form. Tretinoin gel works on the skin and reduces the formation of acne and heals it more quickly.
Things to be kept in mind
There can be many medical conditions which may interact with the Tretinoin gel. Always tell your doctor if any of the medical conditions given below occur to you:
- If you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breastfeeding
- If you take any prescription, nonprescription, herbal preparation and dietary supplement
- If you are allergic to medicines, foods and other some other substances
- If you have eczema, high blood cell count, sunburn and diabetes
How much to apply it?
Read the prescription label carefully and follow the instructions as directed for using Tretinoin gel. Always consult your doctor before you start using tretinoin gel.
What are the strengths available?
Tretinoin gel is available in different strengths on our website:
- A Ret .025% – 20gm
- A Ret Gel – 0.1% (20gm)
- Supatret .1% Gel – 15gm
- Retino A Cream .05%- 20gm
- Retino – A Cream .025%- 20gm
- A Ret Gel- 0.05% (20gm)
- Supatret gel 0.04% (20gm)
Who is the manufacturer?
- A Ret .025% – 20gm, A Ret gel 0.05% (20gm) and A Ret Gel – 0.1% (20gm) is manufactured by Shalaks Pharmaceuticals private limited. It is available on the website in the pack of 1,3 and 6 tubes.
- Retino A cream 0.025% (20gm) and Retino A cream 0.05% (20gm) is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson and is available in the pack of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
- Supatret gel 0.04%(20gm) and Supatret gel 0.1%(20gm) is manufactured by Sun Pharma. Supatret gel 0.04%(20gm) are available on our website in the pack of 1,3 and 6 tubes.
How to apply it?
Apply tretinoin gel as directed by your doctor or read the label to know exact dosing information about the medicine.
- Tretinoin gel is for external use only.
- Before you apply the cream, wash the skin of the face using mild soap or cleanser and warm water.
- Avoid scrubbing the face with a washcloth or sponge.
- Let your skin gets completely dry and then apply the medicine.
- Apply sufficient tretinoin gel or cream to the affected area.
- Wash hands properly after application.
When to apply it?
Tretinoin in topical dosage forms like cream or gel should be applied to the affected area once a day. Else, you must consult your dermatologist and take instructions about using the medicine.
For how long should it be applied?
Do not stop using it if you see any improvements in the acne. Keep using tretinoin gel or cream as long as it is prescribed by your doctor.
What if you forget a dose?
Always remember to take the dose on time. If you miss a dose then use it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then avoid taking it with the second dose.
What if you overdose?
Consult your doctor immediately the moment you realize that high quantity of Tretinoin gel has been used.
What are the side-effects?
Every medication has some side-effects be it minor or severe. Tell your doctor if any of the mentioned below side effects emerge or become bothersome for you:
- Stinging or scaling of the skin
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation in the affected area
There are many medications that may interact with the tretinoin cream or gel. Always consult your doctor if you use any of the medication or the one given below especially:
- Topical drugs that have alcohol, sulfur, resorcinol and salicylic acid in them.
You must ask your health specialist whether Tretinoin drug may interact with the other medicines that you take. Also check with the doctor before you start, stop or try to change the dose of the medication.
Important information to be taken care of:
- Avoid getting Tretinoin cream in the eyes, nose and mouth. If it goes into the eyes, then wash eyes thoroughly.
- Tretinoin cream can cause sunburn easily. Make sure you wear sunscreen or protective clothing before getting out of home in the sunlight.
- Never use the cream to the part of the skin that is sunburned.
- Do not use Tretinoin for other conditions which is not prescribed.
- Keep Tretinoin gel or cream away from the reach of small children.
- Never swallow Tretinoin cream as it may cause severe harm when taken into the mouth.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Best Glaucoma Eye Drops List - November 16, 2017
- What is the Use of Acyclovir Cream and what is its Price - November 10, 2017
- Acyclovir Cream for Cold Sores - November 9, 2017