Tazarotene cream is a medicine that is similar to vitamin A. It is available in cream and gel . It use in skin renewal and further improves the appearance of the skin.
- Psoriasis or acne
- Plaque psoriasis (raised, silvery flaking of the skin) in adults.
What is Tazarotene and how does it work?
Tazarotene is a drug that is used to treat the problem of acne or psoriasis. It is a retinoid product that is related to Vitamin A. It commonly works by affecting the growth of skin cells.
Things to be kept in mind:
Always consult your doctor if you have:
- Eczema, sunburn, or any other skin condition
- A personal or family history of skin cancer
- Lentigomaligna (a type of skin cancer)
- A history of allergic reaction to a skin product
- If you are sensitive to sunlight
- If you work outdoors
- If you are or is planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
How much to apply it?
The initial recommended dosage for Tazarotene topical cream or gel is 0.05% and the strength could increase to 0.1% depending on the medical condition of the patient.
What are the strengths available?
Tazarotene, topical drug is available on our website in the following strength and brand name:
Who is the manufacturer?
Both Tazarotene cream and gel are manufactured by known pharmaceutical company Gracewell (Glenmark pharmaceuticals Ltd.). They are available on the website in the pack of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
How to apply it?
Use Tazarotene gel or cream as prescribed by the doctor. Never use it in smaller or larger amount than recommended. Follow the directions properly on the prescription label. Tazarotene topical is applied once in a day. Before using wash the skin with a mild cleanser. Let it dry for a few minutes and then apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected part and rub it completely.
Tazarotene cream or gel is applied once a day. You could apply it in the evening or during bedtime. But make sure you consult your doctor first before using the drug.
For how long it should be applied?
Use Tazarotene topical as long as the doctor recommends you to take. Use the medication exactly as prescribed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than directed by your doctor.
What if you forget a dose?
In the case if you forget to apply the cream or gel, then skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. If you think it is too late, but if it’s less than 1 hour of the skipping then don’t hesitate and apply the cream. Make sure to never apply too much of the medicine to balance the missed dose.
What if you overdose?
There are comparatively less chances for Tazarotene overdose. But somehow if there is an overdose of the medicine, thenyou may require urgent medical help in this situation. In this condition, visit the nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What are the side-effects?
Every medication has some side effects which could range from severe to mild. Given below are the following side-effects which require immediate medical attention:
- Severe skin irritation (burning, stinging, itching) after applying this medication
- Severe skin redness
- Swelling, warmth, oozing and other signs of skin infection
- Mild burning, stinging or itching
- Mild pain, redness and irritation
- Skin dryness or peeling
Tell your doctor about every medicine you use specially:
- A diuretic such as chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide, chlorthalidone, indapamide, metolazone.
- Doxycycline, minocycline, and tetracycline.
- An antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin and ofloxacin.
- Phenothiazines such as chlorpromazine, fluphenazine, perphenazine,prochlorperazine, promethazine, thioridazine and trifluoperazine.
- Sulfa drugs
Important information to be taken care of:
- Always consult your doctor before taking the medicine. Do not exceed the prescribed dose for Tazarotene topical.
- Try to avoid sunlight or ultra-violet sun exposure.
- Prevent getting this medication in your eyes, mouth, or vagina. If this does happen, rinse with water.
- Use a sunscreen and always wear protective clothing to cover the affected areas while getting out in the sun.
- Never use the medicine after the date of expiry. Throw it right away when it expires.
- Consult your doctor about proper handling and disposal of the drug.
- Never swallow Tazarotene topical as it may cause severe harm to the body.
- Avoid using the medicine on the cracked, injured or irritated skin area.