Getting struck by red itching eyes is very irritating. The discomfort, redness, itchiness and constant tearing can get on your nerves. Above all, one of the common eye condition characterized by chronic inflammation of the eyelid, usually where the eyelashes grow, resulting in inflamed, itchy, irritated and reddened eyelids (known as Blepharitis), is highly contagious. Blepharitis patient can easily infect other family members. Usually, this eye condition goes away in 8 to 10 days time, but one can use tested medications to speed up the process of healing.
If you are wondering which eye drop will best treat Blepharitis, your choice must depend on what caused the condition in your case. Some eye drops work amazingly for people whose condition is caused due to allergic reactions, some will be good for viral conjunctivitis, while others are used for conditions caused by any bacterial infection. For instance, the antibiotic eye drops will be good for patients whose condition is caused by the bacteria and might not help if the cause is an allergic reaction.
The internet is filled with numerous medications and treatment, and it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. That is why we are bringing you one of the most effective eye drops for Blepharitis. You can use it in combination to get relief from the mucus, tears, inflammation, and redness.
Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic Solution
Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic Solution is one of the best treatments for swollen, or irritated eyes. Eye drops contain histamine, which helps to control itching and swelling, it should be used 4 times a day. If you are looking for a quick eye drops relief for Blepharitis, then it is the best eye drops for Blepharitis you can go for.
If you are suffering from Blepharitis, you might need Sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic eye solution or drops in addition to other medications that a doctor will prescribe to you. The sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic eye drop is one of the common prescription antibiotics for Blepharitis or simply the best antibiotic Blepharitis treatment drops. It works by preventing the bacteria that cause the infection and irritation from growing and reproducing. This causes the infection to clear. The solution is an antibiotic eye drop that is prescribed for the treatment of Blepharitis. This medication comes in a 10 percent solution and is available under multiple brand names and/or in several different forms. Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic solution belongs to the family of medicines known as sulfa antibiotics. It helps to stop the growth of bacteria and it is specifically designed for eyes.
This effective eye drop is also used to treat bacterial infections that cause conjunctivitis, trachoma, and corneal inflammation. The medication is used in time intervals of 3 to 4 hours throughout the day. The treatment can last from 8 to 10 days. Patients should follow their eye specialist’s instructions carefully to see the rapid improvement.
This Sulfacetamide medication is also available in ointment form. There can be some possible side effects associated with this product, such as stinging and eyes that redden.
Precautions or Warnings for Sulfacetamide Sodium Eye Drops
Before you start using a medication, be sure to inform your doctor of any medical conditions or allergies you may have, any medications you are taking, whether you are pregnant or breast-feeding, and any other significant facts about your health. These following factors may affect how you should use this medication:
- Allergy: Occasionally, sulfacetamide solution can cause allergic reactions. It is more likely to occur if you have previously had an allergic reaction to any sulfonamide medications. Stop using this medication at the first sign of an allergy (such as skin rash) and consult your doctor.
- Overgrowth of organisms: Prolonged use of Sulfacetamide eye drops may result in overgrowth of organisms not killed by the medication, including fungi. Contact your eye specialist if eye symptoms worsen or new symptoms develop while using this medication.
- Pregnancy: This medication should not be taken during pregnancy period unless the benefits outweigh the risks. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Children: The effectiveness and safety of this medication have not been established for children less than 6 years old.
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to Sulfacetamide sodium, sulfonamide medications or any ingredients of this medication. Do not give this medication to anyone else, even if they have been experiencing the same symptoms as you do. It can be harmful to people to take this medication if their eye specialist has not prescribed it.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Vardenafil HCL Tablets 20 Mg How Long Does It Last - July 18, 2018
- Kamagra Oral Jelly Buy Online - July 17, 2018
- Vardenafil Tablets 20 mg Uses, Dosage, Price and Side Effects - July 13, 2018