The active ingredient present in Retino-A cream is Tretinoin. This drug is a vitamin A derivative. This drug is used for the effective treatment of acne disease. The medicine is prescribed in the cases of peeling off of the skin and for opening the clogged pores. Tretinoin is the drug belonging to a class of retinoid drugs. Retino-A cream is a prescription drug available only on doctor’s prescription.
Mode of action of the drug: Retino A cream is known to work by exfoliating the skin. It accelerates the skin cycle and also lessens the pigmentation. It improves the complexion of the skin, diminishes the scars, and enhances the appearance of age wrinkles. The overall quality of the skin is known to improve due to a continuous use of this drug.
Strengths: The following strengths of the drug are present on our site:
Dosage: You must take your doctor’s advice on different modes to apply the cream. The drug tretinoin comes in different dosage forms, but Retino A is cream. You need to wash your hands and area of application thoroughly with water. Apply the enough amount of cream on your affected areas. Then let it remain to absorb. Do not change the schedule or amount of drug dosage. Generally, for the first few days, you might experience acne outburst, but a continuous use of the drug for weeks can improve the acne condition within 3-4 weeks.
Do not stop the acne medicine without consulting your doctor.
Side effects: If you observe any of the following side effects, then you must inform your doctor. Although these symptoms are very mild still if they cause you any discomfort then you must not neglect these:
- Blister formation
- Burning sensation
- Scaling of the skin etc.
Precautions: A few things must be kept in mind before and while taking the drug:
- Keep the medicine out of children’s reach
- This is a topical medication, do not bring it near mouth or eyes
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should ask about the safety of this drug from the doctor
- Do not share your medicine with anyone else
- Persons allergic to this medicine should avoid this drug
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Best Glaucoma Eye Drops List - November 16, 2017
- What is the Use of Acyclovir Cream and what is its Price - November 10, 2017
- Acyclovir Cream for Cold Sores - November 9, 2017