Antibiotic eye drops are used to treat and prevent various bacterial eye infections. The ophthalmic solution is used in the eye to stop the growth of bacteria. The antibiotic eye formulations treat only bacterial eye infections. These will not work for other types of eye infections. Unnecessary or overuse of these antibiotic eye drops can lead to decreased effectiveness.
Antibiotic eye drops are prescribed to individuals with red eyes. These are absolutely safe for use, but they render no therapeutic effect unless there are proliferating bacteria on the ocular surface. The use of the eye drops on the closed eye drops and then rubbing it along the eyelid margin helps you to get rid of eye infection. One should do either of these once or twice daily and consult your ophthalmologist to know for how long you need to use the antibacterial eye drops
Best antibiotic eye drops for eye infections
- Norflox eye drops 0.3%- Norfloxacin ophthalmic solutions are specially formulated to treat acute superficial infections of the eye such as conjunctivitis, blepharitis, and blepharoconjunctivitis when caused by bacteria in adults and children. Depending on the severity of eye infections, and the condition of a patient, the dosage for the first day of the treatment may be one-two drops every two hours during the waking hours.
- Oflox eye drops- Oflox eye drop contains the active ingredient Ofloxacin and is used to treat certain infections of the eye. The Oflox eye drops are used to kill the wide range of bacteria that cause certain eye infections such as conjunctivitis and infection on the surface of the eye.
- Ciplox, 0.3% eye, drops- Another ophthalmic solution used to treat the infections of the eye caused by the bacteria. The antibiotic ophthalmic solution fights bacteria in the body. The eye drops are also referred to as Ciprofloxacin and are used to treat an ulcer in the cornea of the eye. The eye medication will not treat a viral or fungal infection of the eye.
- Locula eye drops 20%- The sulphonamide antibiotic ophthalmic solution is active against bacteria. It addresses the bacterial infection of the eye by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria responsible for causing disease in the eye.
- Zaha eye drops- The antibiotic eye drops kills bacteria and prevent its further growth. The ophthalmic preparation cures your eye infection and improves the associated symptoms.