Champix is a pharmaceutical drug available in the form of the tablet that you take for 12 weeks to quit smoking. It is a medicine that acts by reducing your cravings for a cigarette and the unpleasant feeling when you don’t smoke. The regular intake of Champix for 12 weeks blocks the effects of nicotine that is present in cigarette and tobacco. This action will reduce the satisfaction that you get from smoke and ultimately you don’t enjoy it as much.
In addition to benefits, Champix has unwanted effects that may be caused by the active component of the product known as Varenicline. Medical attention may require if any side effect occurs related to the usage of Champix.
Major side effects:
One should always check with the physician if any of these adverse effects develops during the Champix treatment.
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficult or labored breathing
- Feeling sad or empty
- Behaviour changes
- Mood swings
- Thoughts of killing oneself
- Irregular heartbeats
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Hearing, seeing, or feeling things that are not here.
- Panic feeling
Minor side effects:
You may not need medical attention for some side effects that may develop with Champix (Varenicline). Once your body adapted to Varenicline treatment, these unwanted effects may disappear by its own. You can also discuss with your physician about ways to reduce or prevents some side effects that continue to bother you for a long time.
Common side effects:
- Changes in taste
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Lack or loss of strength
- Dry mouth
- Bloated or full feeling
- Abnormal dreams
- Passing gas
- Stomach pain
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- Difficulty having a bowel movement
- Loss of taste
- Excess air or gas in the stomach and intestines.
Some less common effects:
- Body aches or pain
- Increased appetite
- Sleeping or unusual drowsiness
- Loss of voice
- Sneezing or a sore throat
- Ear congestion
- Itching skin r rash
- Acid or sour stomach
- Decreased appetite
- Stuffy or a runny nose
- Trouble concentrating
- Stomach discomfort or upset
- Dullness and feeling of sluggishness
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Online Pharmacy in Australia - September 17, 2018
- Buy Generic Arimidex Online - September 10, 2018
- Careprost Magical Formula for eyelashes and Glaucoma - September 8, 2018