Losing hair everyday is normal, but when hair sheds more than normal, then is termed as hair loss. Hair loss is very common among men and women, as they grow older. Alopecia is a term given to hair loss, thinning hair or complete baldness in any hairy part of the body.
In most of the cases, hair loss seems normal with the growing age. It is not considered as a disease. Alopecia is not life threatening. But, undoubtedly losing hair becomes a serious cause of concern, especially in the case of women.Hair loss is utterly devastating for self-image and the emotional well-being of a person. The psychological damage caused due to hair loss, and feeling unattractive is more destructive than the disease.
There are many types of alopecia but the common ones include:
- Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia totalis
- Alopecia Universalis
- Alopecia barbae
- Alopecia mucinosa
- Androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss)
- Androgenetic alopecia (female pattern hair loss)
- Traction alopecia
- Anagen effluvium
- Telogen effluvium
What causes hair loss?
As mentioned hair loss occurs with the growing age, but there are some other reasons as well that causes hair loss. The factors include hereditary, certain medical conditions (thyroid problems, scalp infections, skin disorders) and medications used to treat diseases like Cancer, Arthritis, Depression, Heart problems and High blood pressure. Sometimes, any emotional shock like a death in the family, hair pulling disorder and certain hairstyles also cause hair thinning or loss.In order to control hair fall, one has to maintains healthy lifestyle and eat nutrient-rich diet that is good for hair health. Apart from this, there are some other essential ways also which helps to sustain the strength of the hair and keep it long, smooth and nourished for a long time.
Hair fall solutions
Just like food is essential for overall health, eating nutritious rich food also impacts our hair growth and its health. There are some foods that every man and woman should include as part of their diet. Whereas, hair fall solution one can use hair oils as well for scalp massage and to make them strong enough.
Make a change in your diet
- Zinc– Our scalp contains oil glands that are required to function properly for producing enough oil. In the case if it lacks, then it may result in a dry scalp, dandruff and hair shedding. Foods like nuts, whole grains, meat, seafood and lentils provide enough zinc to the hair.
- Iron– Women lose blood during menstruation and get low in iron content in the body. Lack of insufficient iron weakens the hair right from its roots and leads to breakage. Eat spinach, soyabeans, dal, chicken, meat and eggs, which are good for the body andhair health too.
- Proteins– Proteins are the building blocks of every tissue in the body, so they are really essential for us. They are helpful in the production of every new hair and replace the ones that are lost. Increase your protein intake from the foods such as nuts, grains, fish, eggs and chicken.
- Vitamin C– Collagen production is essential to hold the hair tissues together in its place. Lack of vitamin C results in split ends, hair fall and dryness. One should eat foods rich in vitamin C such as lemons, berries, watermelon, tomatoes and sweet lime.
Home remedies for hair fall
Massaging the hair scalp with best natural herbal oils is the most efficient way to prevent the problem of hair loss. Scalp massage helps to retain hair shining, makes it smooth and also promotes hair growth.
- Coconut oil– Coconut oil is excellent for hair. It acts as a sealant and prevents hair from losing its moisture. Lauric acid present in the oil has antibacterial properties that keep away infections from our scalp.
- Olive oil– Olive oil is considered as an another effective home remedy for preventing unwanted shedding of hair. To control hair fall, one should try massaging the scalp with olive oil few times a week. It penetrates hair shafts better. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids; due to its rich contents it prevents hair loss and promotes growth of the hair.
- Almond oil– Almond oil is one of the most nutritious oil that is constituted with vitamin E, D, iron, magnesium, fats and calcium.Try to massage the oil at least once or twice a week for scalp miniaturization. It will help to reduce the hair fall and further improves hair quality as well. After the massage, just soak a towel in the hot water and wrap oiled hair into it. This way it will ensure better absorption of the oil.
- Lavender oil– Lavender oil has an incredible fragrance; the oil is beneficial for preventing any hair loss because of its rich antioxidants, anti fungal and antiseptic properties. The oil is derived from lavender flowers and treats hair dandruff, itching and any breakage.Lavender oil is also useful to treat alopecia areata. In this case, one should make use of it almost daily. Oils such as jojoba and grapeseed can even be used as a base or carrier for any of the essential oil such as lavender.
- Curd– Curd can also be used as a remedy for hair loss. It gives a much smoother hair when used properly. Not only it helps preventing hair shedding but also gives shiny hair. Try to combine or mix curd with mustard seeds or black pepper or honey and use the mixture on the scalp. Keep it on the hair for about thirty minutes and then use shampoo for better results.
- Egg white– Egg white is found to have rich healing properties. Applying egg white on the hair gives it a much shining and smooth texture. You may also use it for long and healthy hair. Only break an egg and leave its yolk part. Collect the egg white and apply it as a hair mask. Shampoo your hair after 15-20 minutes. Trying this tip for at least once in a week may give a strong and healthy hair.
Our hair is the most beautiful asset of the body. But, hair loss is something that we cannot stop. Trying home remedies is the easiest and efficient way to control hair fall.Give sufficient time to the hair and follow the best hair tips to make them smooth, shiny and healthiest ever.