The control of high blood pressure involves 2 major options, modification in everyday life and medication.
Lifestyle Modifications to deal with High Blood Pressure
- Plan for a healthy weight range for your height and body type. Your health care specialist can help out you to calculate a healthy target weight.
- Even a minute amount of weight loss can make a most important difference in lowering or preventing high blood pressure.
- You must burn extra calories than you take in to lose weight.
- Crash or fad diets are not helpful and may be dangerous.
- Some weight loss medications also carry foremost risks and may even raise blood pressure, and great concern is advised in using these drugs. Please enquire your health care specialist or pharmacist for help in deciding if a weight loss medication is suitable for your situation or not.
Exercise or Increase Physical Activity:
- Physical activity reduces full amount of cholesterol and bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and raises the good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
- Do 30 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week.
- Physical activity includes many daily activities such as raking the lawn cleaning the house, and walking. Other likely sources of activity can include using the stairs instead of an escalator or elevator, walking for everyday jobs instead of driving a car, and participating in a sport or social activity such dancing.
You can also reduce high blood pressure with normal home remedies:
Lemon helps to maintain blood vessels soft and flexible and by removing any inflexibility, high blood pressure will be reduced. In addition, you can help lower your chance of heart failure by consuming lemon juice on a regular basis, due to its vitamin C content. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to deactivate the destructive effects of free radicals. Basically, drink a cup of warm water with the juice from half a lemon added to it each morning on an empty stomach. For best result, do not add salt or sugar.
2. Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon seeds full of a compound known as cucurbocitrin, which helps diluting the blood capillaries. At the same time, it also helps recover in kidney’s functioning. This in turn reduces blood pressure levels and also helps a lot with arthritis. Watermelon can help lower blood pressure due to its vasodilatory effect.
- Grind equal quantities of dried watermelon seeds and poppy seeds. Take 1 teaspoon of this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach and once more in the evening.
Quite a lot of studies have established blood pressure lowering effects of garlic. Both uncooked and cooked garlic help control high blood pressure and at the same time decrease cholesterol levels. Garlic helps relax blood vessels by exciting the production of nitric oxide and hydrogen sulphide.
- Eat one or two crushed garlic cloves daily. You can basically crush them with your own hands. Crushing garlic cloves creates hydrogen sulphide, a compound that promotes high-quality blood flow, removes gas and reduces the pressure on the heart. If you do not like eating uncooked garlic or if it causes a very strong burning sensation, then take it along with a glass of milk.
4. Coconut Water
People with high blood pressure must keep their self well hydrated. It is an excellent idea to drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily. Coconut water is particularly useful for lowering blood pressure. Coconut water, being rich in potassium, magnesium and vitamin C can help reduce systolic blood pressure. Also with coconut water, you can also use coconut oil when cooking.