Erectile Dysfunction or ED, is one of the common reasons of depressive behaviour and loss of self confidence in several guys all round the world.
When you think of ED, you are bound to think of numerous questions that arise about the causes and symptoms of this condition. ED or erectile Dysfunction is also called impotence in males. It can be felt as a consistent and repeated inability of a man to sustain an erection that can lead to a difficult and unpleasant.
Erectile dysfunction causes and types:
A person who is going through erection difficulties while having sexual intercourse might think of the reasons that are causing his problem. It can be anywhere from emotional issues , to health problems, medical reasons or physical stress etc.
Here are the various reasons that may lead to ED:
- Alcohol dependence
- Brain and nervous disorders
- Blood vessel deficiencies
- Smoking habit
- Hormonal disturbance
- Prostate problems
- Drug side effects etc.
Based on the different reason for the causes of ED, there are different types of ED. Some of the common types of ED are:
- Psychogenic ED: anything that can affect brain’s activity can cause ED, such as stress, anxiety, depression etc.
- Neurogenic ED: our brain works in coordination with our nervous system hence, Stroke/Parkinson’s disease can hinder the brain and nerve coordination
- Vasculogenic ED: Much heart disease may cause ED as it can impair the flow of blood to the penis and hence erection does not occur.
- Venogenic/Penile ED: diseases like Peyronie’s disease and Priapism can cause erectile dysfunction. If the veins of the area do not receive correct amount of
- Endocrinogenic ED: if the hormones produced by males sexual organs are not enough for example in case of low levels of male hormone testosterone, then it may lead to Erectile Dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms:
You should need to understand a few signs that will make you take some serious steps. ED can hamper your personal relationship with your loved one and it can threaten your sexual relationship as well.
You must not shy in talking to your doctor if you feel it is painful to get the erection or it is difficult to maintain an erection till you complete an intercourse. Also tell your doctor if you feel your penis is curved as this condition is called Peyronie’s disease.
In brief the common things to notice are:
- Inability to maintain penile erection for the length of sexual intercourse.
- Inability to get firm erection, not enough to penetrate vagina
- Complete inability to obtain a penial erection
Erectile dysfunction treatment and tests:
If you are facing huge problems in your life due to erection problems then you might have ED. The problem of erection can be both temporary due to weaknes, stress, or too much of alcohol consumption or it might be due to some medical reasons.
The diagnosis of ED is straightforward task in most of the cases. The medical test, complete medical history checkup and other details are obtained to contribute towards finding the actual problem of erection.
- A medical history checkup is done to ascertain the difficulties faced by the person. This will help as ed symptoms are not almost same in everycase and thus treatment is needed to be done accordingly.
- A physical examination is to analyse the vital signs, carry a general exam and to perform genital examination
- Based on the age of the person, prostate test can also be done
- Laboratory tests are done to identify any medical illness like diabetes and high cholesterol levels
- Urine and serum tests are also done
If you have been identified with Erectile dysfunction, then you can follow the things like:
- Stay away from tobacco
- Avoid alcohol
- Cut down all stress
- Eat a healthy diet
- Follow an active lifestyle
- Exercise regularly
- Lose your excess of weight if weight is an issue
Apart from the above mentioned health tips, the doctors will also prescribe you some of the medications for treatment of ED such as:
Most of these medications work perfectly on all man, and you have to take these medicines before sex. They help to maintain a proper erection when you are engaged in sexual activity.
Apart from pills, some self injected medications, sprays and gels are also available in the market that helps to improve the blood flow in the penile area and thus improve the pot
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- What is the purpose Sildenafil and the maximum dose of Sildenafil - March 15, 2018
- Easy Treatments for ED - March 14, 2018
- Travatan Eye Drops Side Effects - March 12, 2018