Are you tired of trying to lose weight through strict dieting? This blog offers you tips on the foods to eat while losing weight.
Losing weight requires a stringent diet and exercise routine. Most people consciously stay away from fast food and high-calorie desserts during the weight loss process. While they refrain from eating out, they often give no
Losing weight is like walking a tightrope. If you make a single wrong move, you could fall, which prevents many people from taking risks. But, what if you could find a way to lose weight even as you eat proper meals? Listed below are various foods that you can eat while losing weight.
Also Read : Eat green and be healthy
Superfoods that help you lose weight:
Certain foods can help you shed body weight as these make you feel full for the longer time and also curb your cravings. Some of the super foods which you can eat while losing weight are:
- Raw almonds and almond butter- Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, an antioxidant that counteracts free-radical damage. They are also rich in magnesium and Vitamin B2, which help calm nerves and combat stress. During periods of stress, the body releases a hormone called cortisol, which causes weight gain. Moreover, the presence of Vitamin B2 in almonds boosts the energy levels required to lose weight.
- Black beans- Having a cup of black beans in the morning will provide you with a whopping 15 grams of satisfying protein. This makes you feel full for an extended period and prevents you from eating other unhealthy snacks. While you are trying to lose weight, having a cup of black beans can prove to be effective.
- Eggs- Various studies have shown that a rich protein breakfast helps you resist snack attacks throughout the day. Eggs are one of those protein meals that were once feared for being high in cholesterol. New studies have shown that eggs don’t adversely affect blood cholesterol, but help in losing weight. How? Eggs act as natural fat burners that assist in trimming the waist and keep your hunger satisfied for hours.
- Steak- Are you a steak lover? Then consider this an icing on the cake because beef may also help you shed weight. Beef acts as a diet buster that helps you peel off pounds. But, if you are on a weight loss regimen, consume local organic beef as it is healthier for you and the environment as well. The best way to cook a steak is by grilling it on the barbeque and then serving it with salad.
- Salsa- Salsa is one of those foods that you can eat while losing weight.When not paired with greasy fried tortilla chips, salsa is surprisingly low in calories. If you can’t make your own, then purchase salsa from the refrigerated section of the grocery store where it’s the freshest. To get the most effectiveness out of salsa, have it with hummus instead of chips.
- Parmesan cheese- Parmesan is one of the most flavorful cheese variants, and a tablespoon of it is enough to satisfy your appetite. It is also rich in protein and helps in shedding pounds and building strong bones.
- Grapefruit- Researchers have stated in their studies that eating half a fresh grapefruit before meals can cause a weight loss of 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) over a period of 12 weeks. Consuming half a grapefruit before your daily meals may help you feel more satiated and eat few calories overall.
- Avocados– Avocados are delicious, high in potassium, fiber and vitamins. They are anti-inflammatory and healthy for the heart. You can have an avocado each day and watch that belly fat melt away.
Also Read: Important Nutrients Every Man Needs!
Losing weight is a tough task, but if you find foods which can help you lose weight then nothing is better than that. Nobody can eat perfect all the time, but at least you can live up to your promise of trying to eat better.