In very simple and short words, Champix is the most effective and prescribed medicine that help adults to quit smoking. If you feel that you are tired of trying numerous ways out of stopping yourself from smoking than Champix can help you finally to achieve your resolution.
HOW IS CHAMPIX HELPFUL IN QUIT SMOKING?
Varenicline wok as the main active ingredient in Champix. It blocks the nicotine effects in your body which helps you to get rid of nicotine addiction.
Let’s understand how Champix works – In the brain there are nicotine receptors, when you inhale the smoke of a cigarette, it binds the nicotine receptors that trigger and releases a good feeling chemical called dopamine. After few minutes of your smoke, nicotine and dopamine start its working and it increases the craving of having another cigarette. It is believed that Champix binds these receptors in the brain and blocks nicotine craving. As per research, regular intake of Champix inhibits nicotine’s ability, its usage for 12 weeks can significantly increase the chances of quit smoking.
For smoking cessation, Champix is prescribed under the health care supervisor only. This treatment usually takes 3 months time. Once Champix exerting its action, you will realize smoking cigarette will become less enjoyable as soon you will approach the quit date. The treatment of Champix works best in association with non-pharmacological support such as counselling, family support, educational materials, etc.
WHY 3 MONTHS OR 12 WEEKS TIME?
The 12 week’s time is considered as the full course of Champix, and to get the effective treatment it is always advisable to follow the complete course length. Some of the nicotine withdrawal symptoms can last for up to around 10 weeks or more, therefore it is important to take the medicine for the full 12-weeks.
You can also follow 3 easy steps to quit smoking with Champix:
- 12 Weeks Fixed Quit – You can decide the date later when you really want to quit smoking, but then start taking Champix 1 to 2 weeks before the date you decide and take it to 12 weeks.
- 12 Weeks Adjustable or Flexible Quit – You can start Champix course immediately and then stop smoking as and when you are ready anytime between 8 to 35 days, continue Champix for next 12 weeks.
24 Weeks Moderate Quit – You can start taking Champix even if you are not ready for the treatment, then moderately reduce your smoking habits by setting-up the goal of quitting latest by 12 weeks. Stop smoking on the last day of the 12th Start taking Champix 1mg again for next 12 weeks to finally overcome with the strong urge of your smoking habits.
THE SIDE EFFECTS OF CHAMPIX:
Taking the full course of Champix under the supervision of your healthcare provider is safe enough but still, this medicine has some common side effects. These side effects are mild to moderate and not suppose to cause any harm. They will disappear with time, but if you experience any severe symptoms, you can visit your physician:
- Signs of depression and stress, such as weight changes, behavioural changes, low motivation, lack of interest, aggression, anger, etc.
- Signs of mental changes like feeling hallucinations or thinking about harming yourself, anxiety, agitation etc.
Some of the adverse effects of Champix are:
- Sleep disturbances
- Feeling of headaches and dizziness
- Unusual weakness or tiredness
Smoking is injurious to health and we all know this fact. If you want to live an active and healthy life, Champix can help you to get rid of your strong smoking habit. Consult your doctor today and start this course for enjoying a safe and a better life.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Vardenafil HCL Tablets 20 Mg How Long Does It Last - July 18, 2018
- Kamagra Oral Jelly Buy Online - July 17, 2018
- Vardenafil Tablets 20 mg Uses, Dosage, Price and Side Effects - July 13, 2018