Bimatoprost is a member of the prostamide class of intraocular pressure (IOP) lowering medications. It is currently used for the reduction of increased IOP in chronic open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Its ingredient mimics the effects of naturally occurring prostamides. It is known to decrease IOP by increasing outflow of aqueous humor through both the trabecular meshwork and uveoscleral routes. Glaucoma is an eye disorder and is encountered in old people. It is a serious eye disorder and can even lead to impaired vision. In this condition, the eye looks bulgy due to the accumulation of fluid in the eye. The fluid puts pressure in the eye. Increased eye pressure can cause glaucomatous field loss. The higher the level of IOP in the eye, the greater will be the risk of developing optic nerve damage and visual field loss. Bimatoprost works to release this fluid from eyes, providing eye comfort.
Uses and doses of Bimatoprost
- Wash your hands before using Bimatoprost solution.
- If you wear contact lenses, then you should remove them before using this eye drop. Patients are instructed to wait for at least 15 minutes after using the formulation before wearing contact lenses.
- You should wash face and remove all the makeup before application.
- It is recommended to put one drop into the affected eye. Contact your physician for more information on how to put into the ophthalmic preparation.
- Close the eyes immediately after administrating Bimatoprost solution and press the corner of the cornea of your eye closet to your nose for at least sixty seconds.
- Avoid dropping the solution onto the skin around the eyes, cheeks, or other areas, as contact with the skin can result in unwanted hair growth.
- If you missed the application, just apply your next dose as usual. Avoid applying it twice to make up for the missed dose.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose as using Bimatoprost formulation more frequently can actually make them less effective.
- Do not use it if you are breastfeeding as there are chances that it can transfer from the blood stream to breast milk and harm the baby.
- Its ingredient is not meant for children in adolescents less than 18 years of age, as there is no information available regarding the safety and efficacy in this population.
Its ingredients and their possible side effects can affect people in different ways. The side effects that are associated with Bimatoprost solution are given below:
- Read eye due to excess blood supply
- Itching in the eye
- Growth of Eyelashes
- Common ones:
- Inflammation of the eyelid
- Corneal erosion
- Eye strain
- Disturbances in liver function
- Dry or watery eyes
- Sensation of something in the eye
- Increased pigmentation or hair growth on the skin around the eye
- Change in the color of iris
- Eye irritation
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Eye pain
Uncommon and rare side effects
- Eyelid twitching
- Feeling sick
- Eyelid swelling
- Feeling sick
- Inflammation of the iris
- Macular edema
- Inflammation in the front part of the eye
Bimatoprost ophthalmic solutions is use to treat the glaucoma and also you can use it longer thicker and darker eyelashes buy careprost and make your eyelashes longer and thicker than ever before