Benzoyl peroxide cream is a topical medication that is used to treat the problem of acne, acne vulgaris. this medicine have keratolytic properties with anti beacterial action.
What is Benzoyl Peroxide and how does it work?
Benzoyl peroxide is a topical cream that has an antibacterial effect. It has a mild drying effect that allows excess oils and dirt to get easily washed away from the skin. Benzoyl peroxide commonly aims to treat acne and acne scar.
Things to be kept in mind
Never use Benzoyl Peroxide topical while you use tretinoin gel. Using both the medication together may cause severe skin irritation. FDA pregnancy category C. It is still not known if the medication harms an unborn baby. Always tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breast-feeding.
How much to apply it?
Take sufficient amount of Benzoyl Peroxide in your hands and apply a thin film over the affected area. Use it once or twice a day or you could read the prescription label carefully and follow the guidelines as directed.
What are the strengths available?
Benzoyl peroxide is available in the following strength on our website:
Who is the manufacturer?
Persol gel is manufactured by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Private Limited. It is available on our website in the pack of 1,3 and 6 tubes.
How to apply it?
Use benzoyl peroxide gel as directed by your doctor or check the label given to the drug for the exact usage information.
- Avoid using other medications on the skin without discussing with your doctor.
- Do not use the drug on the cuts, sunburned skin or abrasions.
- Clean the area before you apply the gel on the affected part of the skin.
- Apply a thin film of the gel to the affected area.
- Wash hands properly after using the medicine.
When to apply it?
Use benzoyl peroxide once or twice daily. First, start with once daily so that you see how your skin reacts to the medication. Then follow the instructions properly to see about the exact usage information.Try to use benzoyl peroxide exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than directed by your doctor.
For how long it should be applied?
Use the medicine as long as it is recommended to you. Do not stop in between during the course of the treatment as it may take 4 to 6 weeks to see the effects of this medication. If the acne still does not improve after this time, call your doctor.
What if you forget a dose?
Always remember to take the dose on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then avoid taking it with a second dose.
What if you overdose?
Consult your doctor immediately the moment you realize that high quantity of Benzoyl Peroxide gel has been used.
What are the side-effects?
Almost every medication causes some side-effects. Benzoyl Peroxide has some side-effects too. Tell your doctor immediately the moment you realize these symptoms occur to you:
- Dryness or peeling of skin
- Feeling of warmth
- Slight stinging
- Burning, blistering, redness, or swelling of the treated area
Drug named Tretinoin can interact with the topical medication Benzoyl Peroxide. There could be other drugs too, that may affect the potency and working of Benzoyl Peroxide. Make sure you consult your doctor first before using any other medication.
Important information to be taken care of:
- Keep all the appointments with your doctor.
- Never use Benzoyl Peroxide gel in the mouth, nose or ears.
- Keep the medication away from the hair or any other colored fabric as it may bleach them.
- Do not let any other person use your medication even if he shares exactly same symptoms.
- Keep a written note for all prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking and products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. Show this list to your doctor everytime you visit him, to the clinic or hospital.
Latest posts by Marie (see all)
- Best Glaucoma Eye Drops List - November 16, 2017
- What is the Use of Acyclovir Cream and what is its Price - November 10, 2017
- Acyclovir Cream for Cold Sores - November 9, 2017